HKPORI hereby reports to you the various research activities carried out using the HKPOP Panel in the fourth quarter of 2021. We are reviewing the content, format and frequency of our reports to fit changing needs.
“We Hongkongers” Initiative
In the fourth quarter of this year, we have conducted a total of twelve surveys in the “We Hongkongers” survey series covering these themes:
- Pro-democracy Camp’s Running in Legislative Council Election
- Election Credibility and Likelihood to Vote
- Public Health Care System in Hong Kong
- Government anti-epidemic policy
- Academic Freedom
- Electoral System
- MPF and Universal Retirement Protection Scheme
- Attention to the Legislative Council election and preliminary voting intention
- People’s interest in Legislative Council election, inclination to vote and voting outside Hong Kong / at the border
- Attention to the Legislative Council election, preliminary voting intention and election canvassing activities
- Legislative Council Election Survey
- Tenancy Control of Subdivided Units
All survey results have already been promptly published. You may click here to read the research reports and presentation slides or visit our YouTube channel (in Chinese only) to watch the mini-policy forums cum press conferences.
Community Health Survey
Our epidemic survey is a continuous and ongoing one. In the fourth quarter of this year, we have published the survey results five times. You may click here to read the research reports and presentation slides or visit our YouTube channel (in Chinese only) to watch the press conferences.
Policy Address Instant Survey
We also invited panel members to participate in our Policy Address instant survey in early October. The results were released the same night. You may click here to read the presentation slides and press release.
Commissioned or Collaborative Research
In addition, we also worked with different organisations for collaborative or commissioned research. The following are the research we have invited some or all of our panel members to participate in the fourth quarter of this year:
- Participant recruitment for HKU DRIVE Study
(commissioned by HKU School of Public Health)
- Survey on Views toward COVID-19 Vaccines
(commissioned by Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Hong Kong) (Result in English) (Results in Chinese 1 2 3 4 5 6)
- Survey on Cross-boundary High-speed Ferries and Dolphin Conservation
(conducted by WWF-Hong Kong)
- Survey on Foreign Domestic Worker Employment Agencies
(conducted by International Labour Organization)
- Survey on Views toward Masculinity
(conducted by Department of Psychology, CUHK)
- Survey on Awareness of and Views toward Bipolar Disorder
(commissioned by Hong Kong Mental Health in Action Foundation)
- Participant recruitment for recorded interview on hiring foreign domestic workers
(commissioned by International Labour Organization)
Thank you again for your continuous support to our work on public opinion research!