During our previous survey of panel members, around three-quarters expressed interest in receiving our research reports, mainly via email on a quarterly basis. The HKPORI team has therefore prepared the relevant reports, including those of our panel activities in the first quarter of 2021. As for surveys and research further back in time, we would upload their records to our website later and let you know.
Our panel surveys and research cover many themes and utilize various methods. Such activities in the first quarter of 2021 are now put in four categories and reported below:
“We Hongkongers” Initiative
In January 2021, PORI redeveloped the “We Hongkongers” Project to strengthen cooperation with non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, concern groups and professional organizations, and results are usually released in the form of mini-forums cum press conferences to initiate policy discussions.
In the first quarter of this year, we have conducted a total of eight surveys in the “We Hongkongers” survey series covering these themes: (1) work and mental health, (2) minimum wage, (3) press freedom, arrangements for public searches, and electoral fairness, (4) Lump Sum Grant (LSG) Subvention System, (5) public space and solar power system, (6) migration tide in Hong Kong, (7) post-epidemic economic policy, and (8) liberal studies subject reform. All survey results have already been promptly published. You may click here to read the research reports and presentation slides or visit our YouTube channel (in Chinese only) to watch the press conferences.
Community Health Survey
Our epidemic survey is a continuous and ongoing one. In the first quarter of this year, we have published the survey results eight times. You may click here to read the research reports and presentation slides or visit our YouTube channel (in Chinese only) to watch the press conferences.
Budget Instant Survey
We also invited panel members to participate in our Budget instant survey in the second half of February. The results were released the same night. You may click here to read the presentation slides and press release.
Commissioned or Collaborative Research
In addition, we also worked with different organisations for collaborative or commissioned research. The following are the research we have invited some or all of our panel members to participate in the first quarter of this year, but the results of most of them are yet to be published:
- Survey on Immigration Policy for Highly Skilled Immigrants (Phase 2) (commissioned by EdUHK)
- Survey on Impact of COVID-19 and Views on Vaccines (commissioned by Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Health Care Alliance) (Result 1 [in Chinese only]) (Result 2 [in Chinese only])
- Multi-dimensional Housing Inequalities and Wellbeing in Pandemic-stricken Megacities (commissioned by HKU SIEW Lab)
- Participant recruitment for HKU DRIVE Study (commissioned by HKU School of Public Health)
- Participant recruitment for Hong Kong 2030 Solar Future: Citizen Deliberation Platform Experiment (commissioned by Stanford University)
- Survey on Youth Acne Problem (commissioned by Hong Kong Skin Health Foundation)
- Survey on Information Technology and Family Relationship (commissioned by HKU School of Public Health)
- Online In-depth Interview on Child Safeguarding Policy (commissioned by Plan International Hong Kong)
- Survey on Current Usage of Open Data (commissioned by Internet Society Hong Kong)
Thank you again for your continuous support to our work on public opinion research!