|LATEST REPORT:||We Hongkongers Research Report No. 63|
|Presentation Slides (pdf format only)|
“We Hongkongers” Initiative
- “We Hongkongers” is an initiative advocated by Hong Kong Public Opinion Program (HKPOP) of Hong Kong Public Opinion Research Institute (HKPORI), with the support of many members of the civic society.
- HKPORI has recruited two advisors as the Honorary Directors to help it develop the initiative, more advisors may be recruited in due course:
- LEUNG Kai Chi
Part-time Lecturer, School of Journalism and Communication, CUHK
- Benson WONG
Independent Scholar in Hong Kong Cultural Studies and Political Science
- LEUNG Kai Chi
- The following five (5) questions have been selected for pilot study starting at 17th Oct 2019:
- There are views in the society saying the 7.21 incident involved collusion of the Police Force and triads. How much do you agree or disagree with this view?
- There are views in the society saying there are Chinese People’s Police or People’s Armed Police Force in the Police Force. How much do you believe in this view?
- There are views in the society saying the District Council Election should not be held as scheduled. How much do you support or oppose postponing the District Council Election?
- Some candidates of the District Council Election are being questioned on their political stance because of speeches related to the slogan “Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times”. Do you think returning officers should take this into consideration when ruling on candidacy?
- The U.S. Congress is reviewing the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act, which would sanction people thought to have infringed human rights in Hong Kong. How much do you support or oppose this Act?
- A minimum sample size of 334 per rolling day is set for the initiative, all findings will be open for public consumption as soon as they are ready.
- All PopPanel members can make submissions for adding specific questions to the rolling poll.
- Any organization who have mobilized (with proven evidence) more than 10k “petitions” for adding any question to the rolling poll will be entertained officially by “We Hongkongers”.
- A network of NGOs and civil organisations will be constructed, they will be invited to add specific questions to the rolling poll.
- “We Hongkongers” will launch its crowdfunding project next Tuesday, 22 Oct 2019.