HKPORI hereby reports to you the various research activities carried out using the HKPOP Panel in the third quarter of 2021:
“We Hongkongers” Initiative
In the third quarter of this year, we have conducted a total of nine surveys in the “We Hongkongers” survey series covering these themes: (1) Oath-taking requirement for District Councillors and its by-election, (2) Police Community Relations, (3) Tenancy Control of Subdivided Units, (4) Election Committee Elections under the New Election System, (5) Secondary/Primary School Resumption Arrangements, (6) Migration Tide in Hong Kong, (7) Current popular issues, (8) Living and Working in Greater Bay Area, (9) Expectations of Policy Address. All survey results have already been promptly published. You may click here to read the research reports and presentation slides or visit our YouTube channel (in Chinese only) to watch the mini-policy forums cum press conferences.
Community Health Survey
Our epidemic survey is a continuous and ongoing one. In the third quarter of this year, we have published the survey results seven times. You may click here to read the research reports and presentation slides or visit our YouTube channel (in Chinese only) to watch the press conferences.
Commissioned or Collaborative Research
In addition, we also worked with different organisations for collaborative or commissioned research. The following are the research we have invited some or all of our panel members to participate in the third quarter of this year:
- Hongkongers’ Political Participation Survey (conducted by Theodore Charm, a doctorate student at the University of Texas)
- Survey on Inclusive Employment and Social Inclusion in Hong Kong (commissioned by the Centre for Civil Society and Governance, HKU)
- Participant recruitment for Study on Eating Habits of Young People in Hong Kong (conducted by School of Public Health, HKU)
- Survey on COVID-19 Vaccination and Heart Health Awareness (commissioned by Hong Kong Heart Failure Society) (Result in English) (Results 1 2 3 4 5 [in Chinese only])
- Participant recruitment for Focus Groups on Masculinity (conducted by Department of Psychology, CUHK)
- Survey on workplace safety towards SARS-CoV-2 among non-healthcare workers: prevention, response and sustainability (conducted by Faculty of Medicine, CUHK)
- Survey on Awareness and Views on Mood Disorders (commissioned by PRPPL Consultancy representing Hong Kong Society of Biological Psychiatry) (Results 1 2 3 4 5 [in Chinese only])
Thank you again for your continuous support to our work on public opinion research!